Wales News Update
Howdy Folks !
Sure hope that all of you're doing fine under the circumstances. Our beloved town suffered and effected so many lives.
Times of adversity & hardship has made us united & determined . If it wasn't for the bad times , nobody will appreciate the good times.
Just look at the cold & snowy weather lately . We sure are going to cherish & appreciate the coming of the spring & warm weather , with an eye on the MELT.
We're sure you have seen the destruction inside of the theater through the pictures , but let me assure you the work is ongoing.There are so many little things that have to be tied up which is consuming time. Just to bring you up to speed on certain things ;
- Main flooring of the Auditorium is done with a new paint job on the walls.
- New boiler system has been installed & working fine for last 5-6 weeks after few glitches.
- New seats have been installed & you'll love them. They're 24" wide , 42" high backs with cup holders ( old seats were 19 " wide & 24" high ).
And there are fewer seats than before because of these bigger seats. We also created more room between the rows by taking out three complete rows of 14 seats each. Also we lost 3 seats to each row as the each new seat is 5" wider . Plenty of room now between the rows of seats as one can get up & go without the whole row of people being disturbed. The balcony remains untouched by the seat revolution. All this have drastically changed the capacity of the theater. It now stands at 248 compare to 335 before the flood . And if our math is right , this makes 87 less seats.
- Working on to get the 3- D system by popular demand
- Front area is under some changes as all the doors & the front wall needs to be replicated.
- Everything that has to brought up to the all necessary updating of all the Health, fire ,building , food, plumbing , electrical is either done or in the process of finishing soon.
So, if you're in the neighborhood & like to see the progress, watch for me and I'll more than happy to give you a tour. For those who are not acquainted , watch for a Tall , Dark & ....handsome fellow ! well, 2 out of three ...close enough .
Wishing all of us a slow drip melt & more updates next time including the Grand reopening date.
Recent visit by Minister of culture, Heather Klimchuk to Wales Theater & High River
Mother of all Floods
A picture is worth a thousand words,so here are some to show the extensive damage inside the Theater.
Will bring more next month of the changes since these pictures were taken.
HOW POOR ARE THEY THAT HAVE NOT PATIENCE ~ WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE
We like to wish everyone peaceful & happy holidays
We regret to inform you due to some unforeseen circumstances ,we're unable to open for Christmas & new year holidays.But ,we're on track to open soon.Please keep us in your prayers & thoughts.
Thank you for your wonderful advices , insights & recommendations.
‘The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.’
~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Monday - Sunday
Doors open ½ hr. prior to the showtime